|THE SYNONYMOUS WORDS FOR "PREACH", ETC. This Is Appendix 121 From The Companion Bible.|
(as a herald),
without reference to the
(which is contained
in No. 4);
and without including
the idea of
2. kerux = a herald.
3. kerugma = that which is proclaimed.
4. euangelizo = to announce a joyful message; having regard to the matter announced (not the manner, which is contained in No. 1).
5. katangello = to bring word down to any one, bring it home by setting it forth.
6. diangello = to make known (through an intervening space), report further (by spreading it far and wide).
to talk or to
use the voice,
to the words spoken
8. dialegomai = to speak to and fro (alternately), converse, discuss (see Acts 20:7, 9). Hence English dialogue.
9. akoe = hearing. Put by Figure of Speech, Metonymy (of Subject) for what is heard.
10. logos = the word (spoken, as a means or instrument, not as a product); the expression (both of sayings and of longer speeches); hence, an account, as in Matthew 12:36; 18:23. Luke 16:2. Acts 19:40. Romans 9:28 (margin); 14:12. Phil. 4:17. Heb. 13:17. 1Pet. 4:5. For the difference between logos and rhema, see note on Mark 9:32.