British Bible Edition
1. And God said all these words:
2. I am the Lord your God who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the prison-house.
3. You are to have no other gods but me.
4. You are not to make an image or picture of anything in heaven or on the earth or in the waters under the earth:
5. You may not go down on your faces before them or give them worship: for I, the Lord your God, am a God who will not give his honour to another; and I will send punishment on the children for the wrongdoing of their fathers, to the third and fourth generation of my haters;
6. And I will have mercy through a thousand generations on those who have love for me and keep my laws.
7. You are not to make use of the name of the Lord your God for an evil purpose; whoever takes the Lord's name on his lips for an evil purpose will be judged a sinner by the Lord
8. Keep in memory the Sabbath and let it be a holy day.
9. On six days do all your work:
10. But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; on that day you are to do no work, you or your son or your daughter, your man-servant or your woman-servant, your cattle or the man from a strange country who is living among you:
11. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and everything in them, and he took his rest on the seventh day: for this reason the Lord has given his blessing to the seventh day and made it holy.
12. Give honour to your father and to your mother, so that your life may be long in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
13. Do not put anyone to death without cause.
14. Do not be false to the married relation.
15. Do not take the property of another.
16. Do not give false witness against your neighbour.
17. Let not your desire be turned to your neighbour's house, or his wife or his man-servant or his woman-servant or his ox or his ass or anything which is his.
The Ten Commandments Are Found in Exodus 20:1–17
Click on Any of The Links Below And Read
Exodus 20:1–17 in The Different Bible Versions.
|[ASV]||[ BBE ]||[CJB]||[DBY]||[FFT]||[HTL]||[ICB]||[JMT]|
|Back to Short Studies|