1. And God spoke all these words, saying,
2. I am Jehovah thy God, who have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4. Thou shalt not make thyself any graven image, or any form of what is in the heavens above, or what is in the earth beneath, or what is in the waters under the earth:
5. thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I, Jehovah thy God, am a jealous `God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and to the fourth [generation] of them that hate me,
6. and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
7. Thou shalt not idly utter the name of Jehovah thy God; for Jehovah will not hold him guiltless that idly uttereth his name.
8. Remember the sabbath day to hallow it.
9. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work;
10. but the seventh day is the sabbath of Jehovah thy God:
thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son,
nor thy daughter, thy bondman, nor thy handmaid,
nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates.
11. For in six days Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore Jehovah blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12. Honour thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be prolonged in the land that Jehovah thy God giveth thee.
13. Thou shalt not kill.
14. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15. Thou shalt not steal.
16. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17. Thou shalt not desire thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not desire thy neighbour's wife, nor his bondman, nor his handmaid, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbour's.
Click on the Links below to read the
from different Bible Versions.
|[Cover Page] [ASV] [BBE] [ DBY ] [ICB] [JMT] [KJV] [LSG] [LUT] [NAS] [NIV] [NKJ] [RSV] [RV9] [TLB] [YLT] [HTL] [LXX] [CJB] [NAB] [LAT] [FFT]|