James Moffatt Translation
1. God spoke all these words.
2. "I am the Eternal, your God, who brought you from the land of Egypt, that slavepen.
3. You shall have no gods but me.
4. You shall not carve any idols for yourselves, the shape of anything in heaven above or on the earth below or in the sea;
5. you shall not bow down to them nor worship them, for I the Eternal, your God, am a jealous God, punishing children for the sins of their fathers, punishing those who hate me, down to the third and the fourth generation,
6. but showing kindness to thousands of those who love me and obey my orders.
7. You shall not use the name of the Eternal, your God, profanely; for the Eternal will never acquit anyone who uses his name profanely.
8. Remember to hold the sabbath sacred.
9. Six days you may labour and do all your business,
10. but the seventh day is the
sabbath in honour of the Eternal,
and on it you must do no business,
neither you nor your son nor your
daughter nor your slaves,
male or female, nor your cattle,
nor the alien who is among you;
11. for in six days the Eternal made sky and earth and sea and all that they contain, and then he rested on the seventh day; therefore the Eternal blessed the sabbath, making it a sacred day.
12. Honour your father and your mother, that you may have a long life in the land which the Eternal, your God, is giving you.
13. You shall not murder.
14. You shall not commit adultery.
15. You shall not steal.
16. You shall not give false evidence against a fellow-countryman.
17. You shall not covet a fellow-countryman's household; you shall not covet a fellow-countryman's wife, nor his slaves, male or female, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that belongs to a fellow-countryman."
Click on the Links below to read the
from different Bible Versions.
|[Cover Page] [ASV] [BBE] [DBY] [ICB] [ JMT ] [KJV] [LSG] [LUT] [NAS] [NIV] [NKJ] [RSV] [RV9] [TLB] [YLT] [HTL] [LXX] [CJB] [NAB] [LAT] [FFT]|