Lamsa's Aramaic Translation
(George M. Lamsa's Translation from the Aramaic of the Peshitta)
1. And God spoke all these words, saying,
2. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3. You shall have no other gods except me.
4. You shall not make for yourself any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the water under the earth;
5. You shall not worship them nor serve them; for I the LORD your God am a zealous God, visiting the offenses of the fathers upon their children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me;
6. And showing mercy to thousands of generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7. You shall not take a false oath in the name of the LORD your God; for the LORD will not declare him innocent who takes an oath in his name falsely.
8. Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.
9. Six days shall you labor and do all your work;
10. But the seventh day is a sabbath to the
your God; in it you shall not do any work, you,
nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant,
nor your maidservant, nor your cattle,
nor the sojourner who dwells in your towns;
11. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the seas, and all things that are in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and sanctified it.
12. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God gives you.
13. You shall not kill.
14. You shall not commit adultery.
15. You shall not steal.
16. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17. You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is your neighbor's.
Click on the Links below to read the
from different Bible Versions.
|[Cover Page] [ASV] [BBE] [DBY] [ICB] [JMT] [KJV] [LSG] [LUT] [NAS] [NIV] [NKJ] [RSV] [RV9] [TLB] [YLT] [HTL] [LXX] [CJB] [NAB] [ LAT ] [FFT]|