Young's Literal Translation
1. `And God speaketh all these words, saying,
2. I [am] Jehovah thy God, who hath brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of a house of servants.
3. `Thou hast no other Gods before Me.
4. `Thou dost not make to thyself a graven image, or any likeness which [is] in the heavens above, or which [is] in the earth beneath, or which [is] in the waters under the earth.
5. Thou dost not bow thyself to them, nor serve them: for I, Jehovah thy God, [am] a zealous God, charging iniquity of fathers on sons, on the third [generation], and on the fourth, of those hating Me,
6. and doing kindness to thousands, of those loving Me and keeping My commands.
7. `Thou dost not take up the name of Jehovah thy God for a vain thing, for Jehovah acquitteth not him who taketh up His name for a vain thing.
8. `Remember the Sabbath-day to sanctify it;
9. six days thou dost labour, and hast done all thy work,
10. and the seventh day [is] a Sabbath to Jehovah thy God; thou dost not do any work, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, thy man-servant, and thy handmaid, and thy cattle, and thy sojourner who is within thy gates,—
11. for six days hath Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and resteth in the seventh day; therefore hath Jehovah blessed the Sabbath-day, and doth sanctify it.
12. `Honour thy father and thy mother, so that thy days are prolonged on the ground which Jehovah thy God is giving to thee.
13. `Thou dost not murder.
14. `Thou dost not commit adultery.
15. `Thou dost not steal.
16. `Thou dost not answer against thy neighbour a false testimony.
17. `Thou dost not desire the house of thy neighbour, thou dost not desire the wife of thy neighbour, or his man-servant, or his handmaid, or his ox, or his ass, or anything which [is] thy neighbour's.'
The Ten Commandments Are Found in Exodus 20:1–17
Click on Any of The Links Below And Read
Exodus 20:1–17 in The Different Bible Versions.
|[NIV]||[NKJ]||[RSV]||[RV9]||[TLB]||[ YLT ]|
|Back to Short Studies|